Taking Your Place In God’s Larger Story
I’m thrilled to offer this tested resource I created exclusively for men, The Men’s Battlefront Weekend: Taking Your Place In God’s Larger Story. We’ve been doing it at New 4RMations for years now, but I’m making it available to your church’s men’s ministry or your own men’s group. This interactive weekend draws on the teachings of John Eldredge, Terry Walling, Dan Allender, and Michael Thompson.
The weekend helps men answer…
2 Reorienting Questions
- “What is God up to in my life?”
- “What am I going to do about it?”
With God’s help, you will find the answers by taking…
5 Critical Looks
- A Look Down: Understanding the epic battle from God’s perspective; the Larger Story of the pursuit His children who live in a world at war.
- A Look Back:* Recognizing how God has been forming you throughout your lifetime to take your place in the Larger Story.
- A Look Up: Recognizing how God is calling you into restoration to complete your mission.
- A Look Within: Identifying your unique and crucial role in the Larger Story.
- A Look Ahead: Creating simple, clear, God-grounded action steps that move you back into the battle with confidence and purpose for the next season of life.
What Does The Weekend Look Like?
- Teaching & Interactive Discussion
- Practical Exercises
- Reflective Alone-Time Hearing From God
- Great Food, Man Fun & Fire Time
- Meeting New People On The Journey
Why Is It Important To Participate?
- There is a good chance God is calling you to a new place in the story and you’ve not moved.
- There is a good chance the people close to you are paying the price for the choices you are refusing to make.
- Identifying and engaging these things is mission-critical to fulfilling your unique and crucial role in God’s Larger Story; the good works God has prepared in advance for you to do. (Eph. 2:10)
Want To Know More About Battlefront?
You might start by checking out The Clarity Continuum Timeline, then maybe a couple of blog posts that describe some of the processing taking place in the Men’s Battlefront Weekend:
Questions About Battlefront?
Looking for more resources for yourself, your small group, our your church? If so, check out some of the other resources I offer for individuals, couples and groups.
*Men will be able to tell their stories well after completing this weekend. Being able to tell their stories sets them up nicely to enter a men’s group that have entered covenant together to have each others’ backs, call each other higher in the life available through Jesus, and send each other out to be dangerous for good.
I am an Anglican Priest, an International Coach Federation (ICF) Associate Certified Coach (ACC), and Certified Spiritual Director (CSD). My mission is simple: I help people discover who God created them to be…and how to get there.
If you have any questions, including how to begin a Christian Life Coaching or Spiritual Direction relationship with me, please feel free to contact me.